Thursday 13 August 2015

SL Toys SL8916 Jurassic World Dinosaurs

All this while I look forward to Lele's imitation of dinosaurs from Lego Jurassic World but to my surprised, I received one made by SL Toys. Forgive me for not stacking the boxes in order. 



All boxes have the same image at the back. There are six different types of dinosaurs in this set.





In each box, you will find unassembled parts for Lego dinosaur, a sticker sheet and a 6x6 plate as a base. (some of them also come with a few 1x1 round plate)

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed when opening the box because what i get is differ from the images shown on the box. lol. I do not know what I think. This little box may not be able to accommodate all the things in the picture. maybe my expectations is too high or they should make more of this set. 



The pictures on the sticker sheet is the same picture on the box.



There are several types of dinosaur that I can identify from the original Lego set but there are some that I don't know. I'm not sure if they come from Lego Dino set introduced few years ago.





Dilophosaurus from Lego 75916.


Sand Green Dino Raptor from Lego 75917


Dark Tan Dino Raptor from Lego 75917


I got all this roughly at the price of USD5. >_<



All of their feet can be moved forward or backwards, but only only some of them have adjustable jaw.

fix head and jaw

adjustable jaw

I really like the dinosaurs. My sons and I have watched all the Jurassic Park movie from the first to the third and most recent is the Jurassic World. But it's embarrassing to admit that I still do not have any set from Lego Jurassic World =(.

I hope that other China brand will consider having these 2 dinos in their release. Indominus-Rex and T-Rex!


They are from Lego 75918 that cost USD69.90 (RM350) and Lego 75919 that cost USD129.99 (RM550)! Phew.. RM550 is equivalent to my petrol expenses for 2 months or my lunch for 3 months >_<



[update@August 15th, 2015]
Thanks to Daryl Williams and his son for the following images. It is the screenshot of baby stegosaurus and baby triceratops from the Lego Jurassic World video game.


baby stegosaurus

baby triceratops

So that's where they get the design for both of the dinosaurs. thank you very much for trying to get a screenshot of that. I am sure many other readers will appreciate it =)

14 comments:

  1. Think the stegosaurs is based Duplo set design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there... oh really? i tried using google for some duplo set but didn't find the exact same dino =(.

      Delete
  2. The baby Stegosaurus and baby Triceratops are based in part on their appearance in LEGO Jurassic World: The Game... I do not know the base for the baby Tyrannosaur in reddish brown, which looks very different in the game.

    The darker blue Raptor is "Blue" from Jurassic World and the lighter one is "Delta" from the same film. Curiously it looks like they forgot Blue and Delta's sickle-claws, trademarks for Raptors, but kept sickle-claws on the baby Tyrannosaur, since it uses similar leg molding. (Real LEGO Dilophosaurus has new legs like Raptor without sickle claw.)

    I don't believe any are based on LEGO Dino more so t han Jurassic World.

    The real LEGO figures have painted teeth and claws, which LELE's 4pc set does have, unlike this 6pc set. I too hope there is a way to clone the LEGO T. Rex and I. Rex. I know it would be profitable and they are are contained in the bigger sets. They could reuse the T. Rex mold based on the two DIno designs, too.

    Thanks for the reviews and photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @John. i just got the screenshot for baby Stegosaurus and baby Triceratops from the video game (taken by @Daryl Williams) and now i just know the other one is baby Tyrannosaur. thanks =)

      Talk about Jurassic world, you made me want to google about Raptor from the movie. Found this image from youtube:
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/77eA7De.jpg[/img]

      and here's all 4 raptor from Lego set. image taken from Bricklink.
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/8b8IfN3.jpg[/img]

      Hm, SL Toys only issue 2 of the raptor. if there is no other brand that will imitate this Lego Jurassic world set, that Lele 79086 (4pc set that you mentioned) is the only solution for me. there are 3 raptor available in this set; Charlie, Echo and Blue.
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/JG7x8a5.png[/img]

      I do not have any lego dinosaur from the original set so I have not noticed about the sickle-claw. =(. Wow, you have very nice observation.. thanks for the highlights. now i cannot wait to have Lele's.

      Delete
    2. Thanks and no problem! I love your blog and always look forward to your reviews! Keep up the great work!

      Delete
  3. I bought the set but however it did not come with any stickers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that =(.

      How do you get the stuff? is it without box? If you think the seller forgot to include that sticker, you can try ask them for a refund. well, it's not a big deal but that sticker is part of the set.

      Delete
  4. LELE has made Indominus Rex and Tyranosaurus rex (just like lego.)

    https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11933414_889036487845258_6085428832036455124_n.jpg?oh=5893416de9a13a123662e952bbc2fc62&oe=56749DED

    You can get both of them for about the price of 40 USD on aliexpress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the price will come down later. thanks for the pic :)

      i will definitely buy it =)

      Delete
  5. Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I believe Lele also just released it's direct copy of the LEGO pteranodon set and dilophosaurus set

    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32465811721.html

    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32465811634.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks for this awesome news! this is the first time i heard about it :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! I was recently wondering whether or not I should buy the Lele indominus an trex with gyrospheres, but just wanted to know from anybody who has had experience with lele. Is it a good copy brand? Are the parts reliably firm/stable? Do printings match the Lego? How good is lele overall, just want to know before buying the indominus and stuff.
    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah... i'm sorry i cannot help you with this one. i still don't have it to review :(.

      IMHO, Lele is 2nd after SY in term of printing quality. but i doubt SY will issue this set. maybe, but not so soon. Other brand that might issue this is Bella. However I prefer Lele over Bella. so if you could get this Lele indominus and trex with gyrospheres at very cheap price, why not? ehehhe :). The original is too expensive (for me) but these 2 dino is must have :)

      Delete

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]