Tuesday 4 August 2015

Sheng Yuan SY209A - SY209D; Hawkeye, The Riddler, Red Skull and Nick Fury

This is a relatively slow week for me. Amazing why there is still no new set arrived from China. I'm still waiting for Decool's mini modular, Hulkbuster set, Igor and Darkseid big figure, Lele's Jurrasic World minifigure and Dino set and Senbao's accessories kit. Fortunately I still have some old set that yet to be reviewed.





Each box contains three sealed bags and instructions manual.



SY309A:


SY309B:


SY309C:

I'm no OCD but i hate to see the tilted Hydra logo on the round tile >_<.


SY309D:



I really like the colour of Hawkeye's motorcycle as well as the design of Red Skull's mini tank. Nevertheless, I would like to highlight a few areas where the part tend to fall off easily :(. The solution? it's time to use.. the Kragle :).





Assembled minifigures:

Hawkeye in this set is from comic variant. Too bad SY already has this variant in their SY258 (another reissue huh) The Riddler and Nick Fury is new, (i think). While the Red Skull's design is similar to the original Lego figure. Decool already has him in set 0171 but this is the first time for SY.

[update] comparison of Hawkeye from this set and SY258:


[update] instructions manual for the above set:


17 comments:

  1. I'm still awaiting my Mark 38 Igor and a few more Iron Man minifigures. Shipping is so slow:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. waiting is the hardest part. I hope that the parcel will arrive safely :)

      Delete
    2. Mark 38 IGOR photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.874788565936717.1073741944.802963709785870&type=1&l=bbbbfbf37b

      Delete
  2. Hawkeye cycle seems to based on the vehicle from the lego marvel superheroes game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks :) I don't play the video games, therefore doesn't know about it. heheh. I just google about it and have found the following picture:
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/ovGckwR.jpg[/img]

      I never saw this build from any original Lego set. does it mean that it is Sheng Yuan own initiative to make it in a form that can be built?

      Delete
    2. A number of the figures that SY and Decool are releasing are actually from the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game (not all, but a good number), so I'm not surprised to see that they are making sets for them as well.

      Delete
    3. It is no surprise if these china brand imitate the minifig design from other source but build-able set out of video games .. it is something.. imho lol

      Delete
  3. hawkeye in this set are revised from SY258, please see the back print of torso, you will find the different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi buddy. you are right. i just photoshop them side by side and the diff is the location of the quiver.
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/DiVfRbU.jpg[/img]

      Delete
  4. Hey, how about u review lex luthor armor vs superman and wonderwoman by sheng yuan. I found one in mid valley at SPEEDY (shop that sell dvd). I'm a dc comic die hard fan! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there. Thank you for your suggestion. i wonder, what is the price that is sold there >_<. who would have thought Speedy also sell such items. I've seen other knock-off toys such as Ironman figure also sold there.

      Delete
    2. It is rm42 man, it's better than other some places that sell something like this for rm 60. If u've ever seen one of this thing anywhere cheaper, please notify me from this comment

      Delete
  5. would u mind sharing the instruction manual for sy209c..
    thanks a lot men
    appriciated

    ReplyDelete
  6. would u mind sharing the instruction manual for sy209c..
    thanks a lot men
    appriciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there.

      Sure. I'm on short vacation till Monday.so I will update you again on Tuesday about the instruction :). Sorry for the wait ya

      Delete
    2. Hi @mhk27. I forgot to tell you that I've uploaded the instructions at the bottom of this post.

      Delete

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]